Sunday, November 27, 2011

Good afternoon everyone! I'm watching pearl harbor with dad and just hanging out! He doesn't have any therapy today but he wants to cycle so his OT may be able to get him in the gym! Yesterday we went outside I pushed him in his chair for about 10 minutes until we got cold and we came back inside! He loves being able to take a shower now. His PT has been very well , he walks a little stronger everyday with the help of his walker an his physical therapist. Soon enough he will be running around her! I'm so anxious for him to speak, sometimes it's a little frustrating! Sorry I missed a day on the blog sometimes I get a little busy! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! We did! :) Again thank you for all the prayers! Dad is smiling more everyday and laughing occasionally ... He's so amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you all had a good Thanksgiving. Our family is keeping John and your family in our prayers.
    Let John know that his encouragement to run in the Disney half is paying off. 10K Turkey Run and 9+miles this Saturday. I am sure that he can't wait to run circles around that PT! Go, John, Go!
    Carol Neiheisel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brook,
    First of all thank you so much for updating us on your dad's condition. I read it everday and am so happy to see he is doing better. Me and my family is praying for John's full recovery. Let John know that I am going to send a CD for him about breathing exercises once he is able to do. Btw You don't know me but I work for Purdue and John hired me about 3.5 years. Your dad is an awesome person. Thanks again for this blog. Pushpa Patel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Brooke! I hope he got to watch the CATS beat UT last Saturday. Please give everyone a hug for me. I'm thinking of you guys constantly. Tell John to keep it up. Thanks Brooke.

    ReplyDelete