Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've blogged! I've been incredibly busy, and sometimes you just need a break from everything! Id love to say my dad is doing awesome! He's now using the restroom without to much assistance and he's also eating well! He has said a few different words and can talk to me on the phone in a unique way! He's getting stronger! It's amazing how far he's come in a little over a month. I'm thankful for all of our physical therapist and doctors. Dad thinks hes very independent and wants to do everything by himself he's so motivated. They work on stairs everyday to prepare him to come home. They also have dogs that come visit, he's a little iffy about them sometimes but they make him smile as well! Continue to pray and remember we appreciate everything! We've got a great team!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Brooke. I will add that I went out for a run this morning and it turned out to be the best, most incredible run of my life. It also was the only Christmas present on my list. I received a phone call and heard " Captain Buddy how ya doing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy Wethington WillDecember 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM

    Keep it up John! Want to see y'all soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brooke! Appreciate the posts. Great to hear of any progress on John's road to recovery. Love you guys.

    Mark Evans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! Moving forward!!! All of you guys are doing an incredible job!! Keep it up because you have more support than you realize,,,,and more cheerleaders than you will ever know!!!! I'm at your mother's 'beck n call' and will be there after Christmas and more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke-thanks for posting honey! i know this must all be exhausting for you and the whole family...we do appreciate the updates! I cried when I heard John was able to call Bill! All the guys have such an incredible connection and love for each other as you know. Tell your dad to hang in there and keep kicking butt! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke - Your family is amazing!! Thank you for posting these updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie Holder OrtonDecember 19, 2011 at 3:50 AM

    Brooke...thanks so much for your posts as we know how busy you must be...we truly appreciate you keeping us all updated as you can! Love hearing John is able to talk some and was able to call his good buddy Bill..that is so awesome! Keep up the hard work John...you have so many people pulling for you! Love and prayers from Nashville...Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke, you're an angel! Everyone needs an angel but I'm not certain we all get one. Really great to know all the improvements. Thanks for the blog. Tell my man Bird keep up the hard work!

    See ya soon!
    Garrick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm glad your Dad is improving. Please let him know he is in my prayers (you all are).
    Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    Kenni Wilson-Simpson (South East Region)

    ReplyDelete