Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday! My dad is doing amazing! He's enjoying his daily coffee and in great spirits! I think he may be a little sick of mom and the rest of us always hugging him and telling him how proud we are. Haha. My dad is also so happy to be home and in his recliner watching some sports and hanging out with the dog! Our 90lb golden doodle was ecstatic to see him. So sweet! All of the cards and letters sent to our house have been opened and read by my dad! He seems shocked so many people care about him. I can't believe it's been 10 weeks since the stroke. This day 10 weeks ago we weren't sure if my dad was going to make it, and today were counting each blessing and thanking god for everything he's given us. The doctors have continually told us its a miracle he's alive. My dad was Frazier rehabs longest patient. They are amazed at his progress! I'm pretty sure my dads awesome personality had a little effect on the nurses and therapist as well. They really loved him! I'm more impressed with my mom more than anyone though, she has been the root to all of our journey. My mom is the reason my dad is making progress. Yes ,he's being strong and fighting this, but without her all of us would have given up! If everyone was as positive and loving as my mother this world would be a better place! I just have to brag on her because she deserves it. Without all of our friends and family we also couldn't have come this far! So many nights that I would stay home with Maggie while mom was at Frazier with dad and people brought us warm meals. Thank you so much. Prayer really works! We love you all! I'll update everyone with his therapy some time next week!

19 comments:

  1. What a post! What a 10 weeks! John has shown quite an example for so many people. Prayer does work. Wow. You described your parents just as I would/do. Thank you Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most wonderful news Brooke! Yes your whole family is incredible and strong! Give your dad a big hug for me (and your mom) and tell him I love him so much and am so thankful he is here on this earth with us and progressing so much each day. I bet he couldn't wait to get home to you all! Now he will really kick butt in therapy! Your whole family is an inspiration to us all. Prayers will never stop...love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome

    Steve Arosteguy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news!!!

    Suzanne Albers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, Glad to hear John is back home. I hope the blue t-shirt fit him O.K.! I was wondering what his schedule each day is like. Does he go to the Frazier rehab each day or is he doing his rehab at home?? Please give him my Best!!
    El Clembo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very good news. And you obviously are a very special person. Thanks for posting the updates. My family continues our prayer for you your family.

    Richard Whitehouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Brooke! Thank for the update. John looks terrific and is probably even better now home and surrounded by you all. He is missed very much, at work, and we are ALL pulling for him. God bless -and keep your posts coming. Every little bit helps keep us informed and reminds us to say those extra prayers for that wonderful person John is.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke, thanks for keeping us posted on your dad's fantastic progress. Anyone who knows your dad is not surprise by his fight and resolve to recover quickly. Appears the doctors have a schedule for recover but your dad has his own schedule which is quicker and more aggressive. Tell the Big Cat that I do not appreciate the cats coming into Auburn's house Wednesday and beating up on us. Tell your dad that he and you guys are in our prayers and thoughts constantly.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Ison family is so happy that John is on the road to a complete recovery. He is on my prayer list of people I pray for each day. God does answer prayers. Tell your Dad that I expect to see him at GC football game this fall. Pat and Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,

    I'm glad to hear your doing so well. I know your glad to be home... It is nothing like home sweet home... Take care of yourself and I'm still praying for you in Ohio .. Carla Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post, Brooke. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to update all of those who know and love your dad. You, too, are an inspiration to all of us :)

    Love you!
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome post, Brooke. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to update all of those who know and love your dad. You, too, are an inspiration to all of us :)

    Love you!
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. So proud to be part of your wonderful family. Keep it up John. Brooke, thank you for your updates. Hi Maggie, Deanna and Blake. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Brooke, I found out from Mo that John is doing better. So glad that he is at home surrounded by you guys. He is going to recover even faster, let him know that I have been praying for his full recovery. I will call your mom to see if we can come to visit him. Pushpa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love to hear how John is doing! I've been praying daily for you all. I'm sure he has had fun watching the CATS become #1 in the nation!
    Love to you all!
    Kelly Ihnen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing like the unit of the family and support network of friends and prayers! Nice to hear all the good news! Thank you.
    Becky Mattinlgy McCubbins

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such an amazing update and so happy for you all! Please tell John how proud I am of him and that I think of him every day! You are one incredible family and your strength is so inspirational! Love and prayers...Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to read John is doing so well and is home. We have had him in our prayers. Please give him our best.
    Dave and Nancy Pugliano

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crazy to think I’d stumble upon this 6 years later...still feels like yesterday when all of this happened. The prayers haven’t stopped and as dad always says, one step at a time. To Brooke if you ever see this, you’re my role model and best friend. Thank you for taking care of me on those late school nights and early mornings. You’re a blessing to me and our whole family. The strongest person I know!!! You get it from dad. (And mom of course) We’re so fortunate to have everybody to support us through it all. Thank you!

    Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete